Quiet time is a set time free of distractions where a Christian get to communicate with God.
What happens in the place of Quiet Time?
🎯 Study of the Bible
🎯 Hearing from God
Now, the question is when is the appropriate time to observe quiet time?
Quiet time can be done more than once in a day. There is no fast and hard rule that says it should be just once in a day. You can have your quiet time in the morning and still have it at night before sleeping.
In fact, that is the most appropriate thing to do.
However, I will love to lay emphasis on the importance of having quiet time in the morning.
1) When you wake up in the morning, don’t you get to greet your dad and mum good morning before leaving the house?
And God is even our biggest daddy. So, it’s not appropriate to just dash out of the house without saying GOOD MORNING TO THE DAD OF ALL DADS. You have to thank Him for waking you up to another blessed day.
See, it is not appropriate to wake up and just jump out of the house without communication with God.
2) You get to talk to God about your plans and projects for the day. It is very essential because only God can give one strength, grace and enablement to finish all one has planned.
3) You get to commit your days into God’s hands. The days are always full of evil, so it’s good to redeem each day.
4) You get to hear from God as well. There might be things God want you to do during the day, places not go, etc. How will you know if you don’t hear from Him in the place of quiet time before leaving the house?
5) Praying in the morning gives a kind of refreshment to your spirit, soul and body. You start your day with a fresh mood and positivity in mind.
Personally, when I don’t get to have my quiet time before leaving the house in the morning, I don’t always have confidence in whatever I do during the day.
Am I the only one that experiences this?
Well, do you see reasons with me why quiet time in the morning is very essential?
However, you should still have your quiet time gist before sleeping because:
🎯 You get to thank God for the day.
🎯 You get to tell God about things that happened during the day.
You get to examine yourself again if there was anything that might have happened during the day.
You get to also pray for safety as you sleep and go into dreamland.
So, please having quiet time in the morning is very important and essential please.
Remember Jesus woke up very early in the morning into a solitary place to pray as well.
And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed. – Mark 1:35
He also prayed at night. In fact, it was an all night prayer session.
Even if you have class by 7a.m, you can and should still have your quiet time before going to school.
All you need to do is wake up early. As young people, we must cultivate the habit of being early risers.
You can always tell dad and mum to wake you up if you know it will be difficult to wake up by yourself.